What is the BIGGEST breakthrough in terms of RESOURCE MANAGEMENT ?
My answer, without any doubt, would be: Ultra High Density Grazing.
The principles involved as well as the consequences have forced us to look at our relationship with Nature through different eyes:
- Soil health is critical for life.
- Livestock are critical for soil management.
- The appropriate genotype is determined by environment and not man.
- At the micro level genetic diversity needs to be small. At the macro level genetic diversity needs to be high.
- Diversity of life needs to be extremely high.
- In terms of breeding and management we have to concern ourselves more with the bigger picture and less with detail.
- LEARNING comes from OBSERVING.